This two-day workshop is addressed to all those who are interested in applying adapted dance, social circus and other forms of art to foster social change.
Objectives of the workshop
• Introducing people to social circus and adapted dance;
• Understanding the global context of social circus, adapted dance and other art forms interventions;
• Exploring the fundamentals and the different approaches of social circus and adapted dance;
• Experimenting with social circus and adapted dance activities and understand their link with social objectives;
• Networking with people with the same interests.
*This workshop is also a prerequisite for the training in social circus and adapted dance that will take place over three weekends in February and March.
By registering, you commit to following the workshop in its entirety, on both days. *
• Karine Lavoie – general director of Cirque Hors Piste, Cirque du Monde™ instructor and circus artist
• Rosamaria Ricart – dance therapist, kinesiologist and social worker
Date: January 26th and 27th 2019, from 10 am to 5pm (mandatory attendance to both days)
Address: Les Grands Ballets, 1435 de Bleury, 4th floor, Montréal, H3A 2H7