Les Grands Ballets’ version of The Nutcracker has broken national records! It is the longest running show presented in the same venue in all of Canada!
- More than 2,000,000 spectators have seen this version of The Nutcracker since 1964.
- 350 costumes are fabricated in Les Grands Ballets workshop for the production.
- A costume costs an average of $2,000
- The King of Sweets’ costume is valued at $20,000
- The ballerinas use no fewer than 1,500 pairs of pointe shoes every year for this production.
- The production includes 165 characters.
- All children do not have the chance to see The Nutcracker.
- This is why Les Grands Ballets created The Nutcracker Fund for Children. Every year, thanks to your donations, 2,800 children from unprivileged neighborhoods attend a free performance of The Nutcracker. Artistic and educational workshops in schools are also offered to these children.