The contest launched by Les Grands Ballets, in collaboration with Jura, proud partner of The Nutcracker Market, ended on January 20.
Here is the winners' list :
- Sandra Tremblay (0611): a Jura ENA 8 coffee machine and 12 1kg packs of Touché coffee - total value of $2,903
- Amar Alnemer (0670): a subscription for two to Les Grands Ballets’ 2020-2021 season - total value of $1,087
- Delphine Morillon (1017): two tickets for a performance of Dancing Beethoven by Les Grands Ballets - total value of $342
- Nicolas Gendron (1534): two tickets for a performance of Romeo & Juliet - total value of $342
- Patricia Perdion (0955): two tickets for a performance of Sleeping Beauty by Les Grands Ballets - total value of $342
The Jura contest allowed to remit nearly $8,500 to The Nutcracker Fund for children, an initiative by Les Grands Ballets that has been sharing the magic of this timeless ballet.
For over 20 years, Les Grands Ballets has been offering educational workshops to thousands of children from disadvantaged neighbourhoods through The Nutcracker Fund.
Here are just a few activities made possible thanks to your help:
- an educational matinee performance of The Nutcracker for 2,800 children
- educational workshops in visual arts, costume making and animated film for 1,500 students
- A support to The Nutcracker's costumes and sets annual renewal